Questions To The MCParks Staff

tylermerrifield

Posted: 4 months ago

Last Edited: 4 months ago

(Note: I have no intention of offending or mistreating any Staff in these questions)

Alright, MCParks staff. Your turn for questions! Low or high ranking staff can answer any questions (Except for the questions aimed at a certain staff member)

First and foremost, What made you decide you wanted to be a part of the MCParks staff?

Second, When were you accepted?

Third, What's your rank?

Fourth, Depending on your rank, what is your everyday routine on MCParks?

Fifth, Pax, you seem to be the staff member who works in USO. How much do you enjoy working on projects everyday, such as NewIOA or Volcano Bay?

Sixth, Walt, you are the main staff member working on the Disney Cruise Line. How does it feel to be working on such a unique project for MCParks?

Seventh, WD, You seem to be the highest ranking staff, below Darren and Ryan, of course. What is it like to be this important in MCParks?

Eighth, For the staff just hired, what is it like to finally be working for the server?

Ninth, What is in mind for your future?

Tenth, How do you, personally, deal with guests being a problem?

W2D5W8

1/2) Ok so 1 and 2 are related for me so I'll answer both of them here. I was working with darren on mcmagic many years ago and I helped to build parts of Main Street, Tomorrowland and the Castle in their NewMK. Darren then left and formed a new server that would build more parks than just Disney Parks. As I continued to help on mcmagic I was watching Darren's videos featuring progress updates of MCParks. After about a month (I Believe) the server opened to the Public with only Main Street Exteriors, The Castle and Buzz Lightyear SpaceRanger Spin. Since I was curious, I logged on that first night and was messaged by Darren to get on Mumble (the Discord of the time) He explained to be (from what I can remember) That he liked my builds on mcmagic and offered me a job building on MCParks. I can't remember exactly how long it was before I accepted the offer but it wasn't long, a day at most. (Could have been that night, idk :P) I choose MCParks over mcmagic because there was less done and, hence, more that I could put my mark on. It was also a smaller community at the time (and still is relatively) which allowed more more personal guest interactions and it just had a better atmosphere to it than other servers of the day.

3) When I was first hired back in May 2013 I was an Imagineer building the parks. As time went by a lot of old staff left and new ones were hired. Then came a day where a whole group of staff left all at once including managers and Former Owners. I won't go into the details of their departure here but we were left with a very small staff and no admins besides Darren. At that point darren Appointed Myself and Kittonmittons to Imagineer Managers and Ryan and someone else who I can't remember became Guest Relations Managers, The Tech rank didn't exist at that time. Ryan and Kitton would go on to become owners and kitten would eventually leave. When we partnered with SomethingVacationClub (Mike would know better :P) I got two more co managers, Parker (Prominer321,HitchhikingGhost) and ImagineerMike, Now Electric Umbrella, My long time and current management partner. Parker would also eventually leave leaving Mike and I as sole Imagineer Managers. In december of this year we decided to change ranks around so Mike, jess, kaley and Myself all became executives and we added leads to the mix. The difference is that Executives do a lot more administrative stuff and leads to the departmental stuff. both Jobs of the Managers before. (jess is an Executive but due to a low number of lead candidates she is also the GR Lead which is why she has that tag)

4) Since I call myself an Imagineer by trade I still spend most of my time on MCParks building. I'm known for building Parts of Magic Kingdom, Main Street, The Castle (With help from Kumo) Liberty Square and the Entrance plaza. I have also built in Epcot, Hollywood Studios and more recently The Roads in WDW and Pop Century Resort. I'm know throughout the staff team as the guy who builds what no one else wants to do. I also update the parks if the change IRL and I put up the Halloween and Christmas decorations. I usually build whatever needs to be done and hasn't yet.

5) N/A

6) N/A

7) It comes with it's challenges. Being a Higher ranking CM means you have to solve conflicts among Staff and try to be neutral and open minded in all circumstances. In general I don't act like a higher rank. I allow other people to give me opinions and I allow the Leads and project Leads to lead their department. I'm open to criticism and suggestions all the time. I don't like using my title as a way to get what I personally want or anything like that.

8) N/A

9) Currently IRL I'm studing TV Broadcasting so I'm hoping to go into that in the future. As for the server I hope to be around as long as I can be. I don't see the day right now where I will leave the server. I'm not sure what projects I'll get to work on but one thing for sure is that I'll love every minute of it. It's been such a fun experience the past 4 years. One thing I never get tired of is seeing a build really come together to the point where you could walk around and almost see yourself there IRL.

10) This depends on the Guest and the problem. I can go anywhere from a warning/Mute to a ban. I've been in the minecraft community long enough that I can tell when a user is only on to cause problems and troll so they usually get banned right away. Otherwise I like to think that I'm pretty fair. I go through the typical Warn, Mute, Kick, Ban process that everyone else follows.

Jbres123

1+2+3+4) Well I had first joined the server 4 years ago before anything was open except the Magic Kingdom. At the time, it was the most realistic version of MK out there. That's what had originally drawn me to the server. I first applied for staff 2 years ago; I had waited so long because I was uneducated about the staff rankings and was, at the time, only interested in Technician work. But, I eventually applied and was accepted! Over the past two years I have come and gone; each time I came back, everyone was very open to my return and I have never been treated poorly because I left. Now, I am a recently, as in this past week, rehired Imagineer and I couldn't be happier; I get to build to my hearts desire; getting to work on pretty much anything there is to do. Everyday I come on and build something and even when I'm not building I get to talk about the parks with friends and help them decide which blocks to use; we're one big team and help each other out.

8) I guess I can kind of answer this... It's like riding an old bike that's been updated with the latest wheels and steering gear. Every time I have come back, something new is always going on behind the scenes and that makes me very excited for the future of MCP.

9) Well IRL, I'm going to college for a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre soI'm hoping to see some future success in that. On the server, I don't see myself leaving anytime soon because as these parks get new additions; well, someone has to build them!

10) I tend to stay out of the guest problems unless a GR isn't online and a guest is REALLY misbehaving. When I do intervene I warn the guest and tell them that if they don't stop other actions will have to be taken and if they don't stop, depending on what they've been doing I will either kick or mute them for a short period of time and then after that if they continue I would either permanently mute them, temporarily ban them, or permanently ban them.

WestC0T

First and foremost, What made you decide you wanted to be a part of the MCParks staff?

I wanted to become part of the MCParks staff after visiting Disneyland a little over 3 years ago. I wanted to find a Minecraft server that had a completed DCA. However, I could not find one. So I decided to apply to be staff here.

Second, When were you accepted?

I was accepted about a month after joining the server, so I've been here a little over 2 years.

Third, What's your rank?

I am a Project Lead, currently managing the Animal Kingdom area.

Fourth, Depending on your rank, what is your everyday routine on MCParks?

I spend most of my time building and outlining. I try to stay to my job while I'm on the server as much as I can.

Ninth, What is in mind for your future?

I plan on studying Computer Science at Mount Mercy University. I also hope to do the College Program in the near future. I plan on moving to Orlando after college.

Mason10991

1) I just was on Planet Minecraft trying to change my skin to this pig thing when I click "servers" instead of "skins". I was like "lol what's this" so I was looking around the website, trying to find a server and I just was at Disney, so I saw MCParks and I was like "oh cool". I had no idea minecraft servers existed until I went on this one, this was my very first minecraft server that I went on.
2) Which time? lol. The first time was in 2014, then 2015 (twice) and 2017. Oops.
3) CP -> GR -> Retired -> CP -> Guest -> CP -> Guest -> CP -> GR (So... yeah)
4) Well... I try and help people like you :) I also love to give tours to new guests, when someone comes on I just go over to spawn and make sure they aren't going to the parking lots lol xD. I also helping CPs do games and just talking to y'all.
5) N/A
6) N/A
7) N/A
8) I would say I'm recently GR again (April), so it feels nice to be back...
9) Erm... finish highschool in like 3 years.
10) Whelp, I just do the fair thing. I think everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves over time.

chigg1

1.) I recently visited the Walt Disney World Resort and I also played Minecraft at the time, so I looked for fun servers in Minecraft that has the Walt Disney World Resort in it!
2.) Sometime around late 2014
3.) Tour Guide -> College Program -> Guest Relations -> College Program Manager -> Guest Relations
4.) I log in ready to help guests like you and run meet and greets and fun games!
5.) N/A
6.) N/A
7.) N/A
8.) N/A
9.) Finish Highschool - Go to College - Move somewhere south like the Orlando Area
10.) It depends on what the guest is doing! It can just be a warning, kick, mute, or ban.